Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow tolerances

cz75ipsc

When I press down on the top of the slide of my CZ SP-01 Shadow (especially near the front sight), I can hear a very distinct "klack" and feel the slide move down a little. The gun still groups ok I guess (I'm not a good group shooter). Is this normal, anyone else's Shadow have a loose fit? Thanks!

Sounds like it needs accurails! And maybe an accubushing!

Mine did the same thing and it shot knots at 25 yards. I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Edited by entropic

In my experience, CZ's loose fitting is relatively normal, depending on how much. IMO, although CZ firearms appear to be quite good mechanically, their build/finish-quality is sub-par.

When I press down on the top of the slide of my CZ SP-01 Shadow (especially near the front sight), I can hear a very distinct "klack" and feel the slide move down a little. The gun still groups ok I guess (I'm not a good group shooter). Is this normal, anyone else's Shadow have a loose fit? Thanks!

My Shadow is a bit loose at the front as you describe but being a results driven sort of guy am very satisfied with the results I get. It's shoots fast and is accurate and reliable. My 97B on the other hand is very tight and is much more accurate. They both are keepers though.

Got 2 buds with Shadows (and I also have one) all has slight looseness, max 0.5mm play. All of them group really well. Got a few Tanfoglios stock II/III in the clubs aswell, might be a bit tighter in the fitment, groups the same.