Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going back to standard devision

Hello there

Here I wiill be posting videos from my trainings at Standard devision.

I shot 2 years standard, till people asked me to try Production.

Now going back to standard again

So here we go

Afeter a year or so that I shot production ( and did not touch standard gun) I went to competition with CZ-TS 40 SW

Took a second place

Now began my weekly trainings with CZ TS 9x19 to be back in shape a little bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlXvG7IqRg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after 2 weeks of training with laser and reactive target I got to point where I draw and hit the mini-IPSC with 1.6 sec

And a buddy of mine ( that is a boxer ) watched the videos, and told me that I should do hooks and upercots- prior the draw and he belives I can do better.

He told me to pick up a 3 pound weight and hold- and do hooks.

I did- trainned for a week and the results were amazing...

A- 1.03 , 1.05 1.02 , 0.98 sec

D- 1.01 - and I knew that the finger was too deep on trigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYHZnqugJgY

but when I did 5 shots and tried to hit all A - I couldn't reproduce it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rasuEjn_kWQ

if you are flipping up the safety get the 'custom safety' for the left hand side (assuming you are right handed) and file down the right hand safety (or buy the flat safety).

so on the right side there will be only a small nub. on the left side you get a nice rocker style safety (like a 1911) with a really big wide platform for your strong hand thumb to ride on.

A mate had this exact problem with his czechmate. with a nice high grip the right hand safety had some upward pressure on it. he solved it in the way I described above.

• 3 weeks later...

@asimonp79:

Did you do this round-about-1-second-draws with the safety on?

When and how do you flip the safety?

When the pistol is still in the holster, on the way up or when you are on target?

Do you flip it with the right thumb, the right trigger finger or the left thumb?

I do have problems with the TS safety and am searching for a way out.

@BeerBaron:

Could you show me links for this two parts for a right handed guy, please?

And does the TS still fit the IPSC box with the larger safety on the left?

Thanks a bunch guys.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there

First of all- the safety is getting off when you start the movement of the gun from the holster to the target

Second- get yourself a high safety from CZ custom, you will need to trim it- so it will fit to IPSC box and the right safety- trimm a lot.

I flip it with right tumb. imidiatly when the pistol is out of holster

@asimonp79:

I saw most of your vids on youtube.

:cheers:

I´ve ordered now the safety from cz custom.

Now I´m playing around with some skateboard tape for the grips, because my hands are only mid-size and the original grips are huge.

Do you still use the original grips?

Would you bother post pics of your TS?

:blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi

No, All the matches that I shoot is with CZ TS 40SW.

The training routine is 40 rounds of 9x19 and 80~100 rounds with 40SW.

I train once a week.

These days we don't have competitions up till September- so I can shoot 9x19 just to " be in shape"

I shot production ( with Shadow) for a year and came back to Standard- I love my TS guns way too much.

The TS will fit the box with an un-modified extended LH safety but you'll need to modify the RH safety to do so. What I did was to cut off the ledge of the RH safety so what's left is flat (roughly shaped like a "D"). My TS is setup this way plus it has an RHT thumb rest on the LH side and a czechmate maxwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TS will fit the box with an un-modified extended LH safety but you'll need to modify the RH safety to do so. What I did was to cut off the ledge of the RH safety so what's left is flat (roughly shaped like a "D"). My TS is setup this way plus it has an RHT thumb rest on the LH side and a czechmate maxwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Yes my TS LHS safety is wide and custom made.

I have aprox 3 mm left at the right side- that means the RHS safety is BONE FLAT

Hello guys

This drill has diven me a "raise" of 8% at the end of the year. So I want to share it with you.

What so good about it?

• It is 10 rounds drill that you can shoot in multiple variations.
  • 5 Different targets sizes at the same distance- will train you to treat it differently.
  • The 2 plates ( papper circles) will make you stop and shoot it like you should, and if you miss them- the paper will tell you where you "slipped"
  • You can play with the range of 7~9 metters.

If you have 5 preloaded mags ( from my own experience) - you can shoot the 120 rounds in 7 min. So be carefull not to "burn the amo" and waste it.

IF you are a club that shoots ( 5~10 guys) - you can shoot the drill while standing in the line.

For beginers- the drill is to shoot all A-s only. No Pact, no pressure. When begginer is shooting " allA"- time to pick up speed. 2 C is ok at " speed". And now add the mag change at the middle and see how it influnce you.

For " not so beginners"- the drill will give you the oportunity to chanege the ridim during fire. It is best to film and see if your ridim was correct ( fast ridim on big target, slow- for small target. slowest- on the plates)

Edited by asimonp79

• 2 weeks later...