Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Edge Trigger problem

Pelallito

Hello everybody,

My new Edge has an annoying trigger problem. When I squeeze the trigger I come up to a high spot, hear a click and feel my finer move. Then I can put some more pressure on the trigger and the gun goes off.

I took the gun apart and cleaned it, thinking it might something in the action. I dry fired the gun while looking in the frame. It seems that the grip safety is not clearing the trigger bow, so first I put pressure on it, then it is forced out of the way. Then the bow exerts pressure on the sear.

It looks as if I will have to relieve the bottom of the grip safety tab. I am not sure if I can bend the spring to bear a little harder on the grip safety so that it clears.

Edge is closed until the 1/3/05, which feels like forever, when you have a new gun with a problem. :wub:

Thanks,

Pelallito

I'm not sure the spring will help anything. You can try putting it back together without the grip safety installed and see if it works OK like that. Another thing worth checking is the trigger overtravel screw.

Shred and Lynn Jones,

Thanks for the help. I took the slide off and observed the interaction. I pressed the grip safety as hard as possible and could see that the trigger bow touch the bottom of the grip safety. As I continued ti increase the pressure on the trigger the bow would jump past the obstructionand then make contact with the sear.

I have not decided wether to take care of it or to wait until 1/3/05 when STI will reopen.

After spending that much on a pistol, I expect it to work for at least one shooting session! ;)

Regards and have a Happy New Years,

Pelallito

• 2 weeks later...