Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do any of you build your own rifles? If so, ...

bigarm

the mention of fluted reminds me, does anyone make a reasonably priced fluted barrel that is good quality? I had wanted to buy a loki before (luckily I did not) but they aren't around anymore

the only other ones I know of are wilson combat but I want to try a different brand, and AR stoner (midway house brand), but I am not sold on their quality

the mention of fluted reminds me, does anyone make a reasonably priced fluted barrel that is good quality? I had wanted to buy a loki before (luckily I did not) but they aren't around anymore

the only other ones I know of are wilson combat but I want to try a different brand, and AR stoner (midway house brand), but I am not sold on their quality

• 3 weeks later...

I really feel like people spend a lot of money on parts that don't really matter to this sport. I see it on other forums, people post pictures of a $3000 custom 1911 that will never see use, just to say they can. Some of the parts and goodies on ARs can be like that too. Why spend $400 on a free float tube when any thin, light, FF will do? I pieced my rifle together over the better course of a year, and it's still an ongoing project. But mine was performance based, not what looks cool or what's in that moment.

My little franken rifle will shoot circles around many that cost 3x as much. But I was putting in the time and the practice at the range to make that happen. I no longer am, but that's on me.