Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Since we're talking buffs

JD45

JD,

I feel your pain. My STI Edge never shreds buffs. In fact, I forgot about chaging buffs until this post and I wager I have at least 5000 since the last one...... The Kimber just ate them. I didn't find the Kimber overly sharp, but I think one small bur can really hammer a buff to pieces.

If you wish, I can take a pic of my slide and the mods done after the first of the year and post it for you to compare. Internet logic is kind of "fuzzy".

JD, what's your hammer spring poundage? Also, you can try using the EGW square FP stop and just radius the bottom a little to prevent stressing the hammer pivot point too much. This way hopefully you can slow down your slide velocity enough to put some more life into your buffs.

19lb. mainspring. I have a Wilson bullet proof FP stop waiting to go in. I think that I posted somewhere else that it slid in fine, but it is too long(hangs past the bottom of the slide and chews the hammer. Once I file it down, then I guess I should blend it to the original radius.

I need a Glock so I can give it a rest once in a while.