Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new 3un shotgun!

bigkyle72

I think the shortest is 26 inch but that shouldn't matter too much as most run at least a 10 round tube on the gun. 12 in the tube can also be desirable as it allows you to quad load once at the beginning of a stage if you have time before you start shooting. 11 in the tube isn't bad though for these guns since you can still throw three quads in it with the first round being chambered automatically.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one SWEET shotgun!! I have always liked and wanted an Auto 5.

I've seen several over the years where people have turned them into Home Defense guns and added an extension to them and they look good too.

If this new A5 was available with a 20 or 21 inch barrel, I'd be in a serious dilemma. I'd have to think long and hard on whether or not to trade or sell my basically new M1 with 21 inch barrel. I'd want it for HD use and to try 3-gun at some point in the future.

Thanks for posting it.

Nalajr

26" is the shortest they come in but like alma said, once you put a mag tube on it your going to be past the barrel anyways. If you really want to you can have guncat cut it down and re-thread it for $100

That is just one SWEET looking shotgun!! Glad you posted it.

I'm NOT a 3-Gunner. I've never done it, but would like to at some point this year. That's why I mentioned a shorter barrel. I look at it as a Home Defense shotgun instead of through the eyes of you guys, a 3-Gun competitor. I totally understand where you all are coming from though.

I have my Benelli M1 that I am going to start setting up for HD use and buying the parts needed. It has a 21 inch barrel and I really like the way it looks. When I see these new 3 gun shotguns like this one, the Stoeger, Remington Versa-Nax, Beretta 1301 and the CZ-712 Utility, it makes me look over at mine and think if I would rather have one of those than my Benelli. Sometimes I think YES, I would and with others, NO, I wouldn't. Hard to resist offering to trade on some of these shotguns though, very hard.

If this one had a 21 inch VR barrel, it would be one helluva internal struggle I'd be having.

Nalajr