Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint ML2 mount choices

BigDave

Santa brought me a Aimpoint ML2 for Xmas today to mount on top of my A2 flattop. This will be the only optic on the rifle will likely only see duty in 3-gun. From what I've searched, here are the contenders:

- LaRue

- A.R.M.S. M68 with #22 spacer

- GG&G standard Aimpoint ring

Which one, and why? I haven't decided if I'll co-witness the sight or not (but if someone would like to convince me, I'm all ears).

The LaRue seems like a really tall mount, which worries me up close. The A.R.M.S. is a 2 piece mount if you want to co-witness, which concerns me with how solid it is.

TIA and Happy Holidays!

The Larue, ARMS with full spacer, GGG cantilever, and Knights Armament cantilever all put it at the same height (which happens to be "lower 1/3rd" co-witness).

My best advice having used most of these is to get the Knights (KAC) cantiever if you want it another 2" forward, or use the Larue if straight-up mounting is fine.

I used a aimpoint railgrabber W\Spacer on a SN4 for a couple of years and prefer this mount over the others.Ive taken it off and on without loss of zero ,which the other will also do but at extra cost.