Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

e3 chrono data for anyone interested

dave33

Finally got a chrono so now I know what my reloads are up to. This was using 147gr Blue Bullets sized at .356 out of my XDM 5.25 with an OAL of 1.145.

Powder charge - e3 at 3.6 grains

Hi - 1002 FPS

Lo - 946 FPS

ave - 980.8 FPS

Standard Deviation - 17.10

Power Factor - 144

This is a very accurate load that I shoot in IDPA, NRA action pistol, and steel challenge. Its soft, fairly clean and the brass looks good, no signs of excess pressure at all. With powder being hard to find e3 is a good alternative, though it doesnt meter the best in smaller charge weights, at least in a Lee pro auto disk setup. I have shot this round over 3.3gr but the accuracy is slightly better and the recoil is virtually the same so I may just stick with it. Besides, e3 meters better with larger throws for me.

Thanks for sharing the information. I will probably be working up some 9mm loads before too long so this will help me. My experience is just like yours regarding the Lee auto disks. I bought a used RCBS charge master but I haven't had a chance to try it. I will give it a go tonight and post a new topic on it tomorrow.

• 3 months later...

Good info. I found that e3 is cleaner and more accurate slightly over the 130 PF.

I agree. E3 meters better than Clays, but like other fast powders charges are more consistent if you stay above 3.0 grs.

Edited by oak hill