Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S1050 Primer height Problem

I just switched my tool head from 9mm to 38 Super. Suddenly my primers are just barely seating with most of the primer sticking out the base of case. Technically, there should be no need for an adjustment but I went ahead and adjusted the primer seater up but it went to high so as to catch the primer slide. (It is suppose to be flush) Perhaps I need to make sure the tool head is down all the way (bolt is firm).... Any other ideas of what could be the issue? I hate having to remove the plate to adjust the primer height every time....could my swage station be causing an issue changing from 9 to 38S?

Marine Corp

Colonial Shooting Academy

Primer seating depth adjustment is done on the toolhead. There should be no need to take the shell plate off. Changing tool heads will almost definitely require an initial resetting of primer seating depth. I don't have my 1050 manual with me, but if I recall, the adjustment is the hex between stations 3 and 4 on the top of the toolhead. It you look at the primer seating system which is just behind the swaging rod, there is a rocker with the primer seating punch on on end, and a place for the rod that comes from the toolhead on the other. Screwing the rod in makes the primers seat deeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD