Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 2011 Eagle 5.5

Abman

Hi all

I just purchased an STI 2011 Eagle 5.5 in 38 Super (used)

I find that the grip safety is slipping by the mainspring housing. The claws(?) are not engaging the mainspring housing to keep it in place. Any ideas what is going on?

Abman

You mean the grip safety is loose and jiggles because it isn't held by the mainspring housing? That happened to both my Limited guns. I had BrianH fix it with a little pin connecting the two.

Yes, the grip safety blows by the mainspring housing and I have to pop it back in place. I have nothing against pinning it, however, for the amount of change I had to throw at it, I would like to see it function properly.

I think they just wear the little tab down over time... the little tab on the grip safety that fits into an indent in the MSH. So a new GS might do the trick, but I hope some of the 'smiths or more knowledgeable shooters can confirm this all.

It could be several things as mentioned.

It's probably the main spring housing, but could easily be something else. If you have a friend with a 2011 you might see if you can talk him into letting you borrow some of his parts and swap pieces until you find out what fixes it.

Or you could at least compare pieces until you find one that doesnt look right.