Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most Trans-Divisional Handgun?

No love for the all steel SA/DA guns? You could pick up a .40 cal Tanfoglio Stock II (possibly the best production gun) shoot it minor for production and start hammer down with DA first pull. Then you could load up to major with big sticks and a magwell for limited lim 10 starting cocked and locked. Still very competitive in that configuration, plus the magazines when properly tuned are capable of holding 21-22 reloadable I think. I suppose you could make some type of separate open upper for it if you wanted to play open too.

I bring this up because all of the other guns mentioned were polymer standard barreled guns. The Tanfo is all steal with a bull barrel. Very comfortable grip shape too! Personally I think that would be more effective if you like slightly heavier guns with more tame recoil. Definitely by no means too heavy though. If you can get the Australian version it has the limited length barrel which is a little longer and i think its still on the production gun list.

Just my 2cents.

yep, the aus stock II is 4.75inch so has dustcover and slide right up to the muzzle. it's basically a limited without the scope mount holes. and yes it's production legal.

for sure it's a fantastic production gun.

plenty of guys convert them to SA and shoot in limited. with a magwell (easy to fit) and perhaps a thumb rest it would be competetive. and an open top end is certainly possible. the only issue might be drilling the frame for the scope mount as that may/may not hurt it's eligibility as a production legal gun. there are more than one way to mount a red dot though... :)

Edited by BeerBaron

another vote for the xdm 5.25 it seems to index and shoot waaaaaay more accurately than any handgun ive had. all involved really put some thought into the 5.25 and it shows. the trigger must be replaced i think it prob had to leave the factory that way. any one of the big 3 after market trigger jobs get awesome reviews. i went with the powder river precision ulitmate match. if your smart enough to live a semi adult life you can stone in/fit a trigger. the you tube videos are very good and show you exactly what to do. or just send it in to PRP Springer or Canyon Creek.

i come from a precision rifle background.what i have learned so far is you can get by with a do all. but a specific gun/tool for a specific job let you do it much more efficiently and accurately.

ps im an xdm fanboy.i admit it.i love the gun

Thanks. I installed a PRP Easy fit into my XDM 3.8 9mm and love it. Really easy to do. I am partial to XD/M's myself. A really well-built gun. I agree, the 5.25 looks nicely engineered.