Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore version sync between iPad/Nooks

kcobean

I just updated my iPad to the latest version of PS released this month. I use my iPad as my "master" at my matches where we use NSTs. I was wondering if there is a point where there will be data disparity between the NST's and my iPad and if so, what is the proper way to update the Nooks? New root?

No you don't have to re-root a nook to update practiscore.

What I do is goto practiscore.com and download the latest .apk file

http://practiscore.com/android.php?version=latest

Then save that to a microsd card and insert that into the nook. Use a file manager and navigate to the microsd card, tap on the .apk file, and install the new version.

OR

Install dropbox on your computer and your nooks. Set them both up to use the same dropbox space. Download the .apk and save it to your dropbox space. Then from the nook, start dropbox and tap on the .apk file in the dropbox space and install that way. Be aware that you have to have a microsd card inserted in the nook for dropbox for work. My preference is to buy several 2gb or so microsd cards for about $2 to $3, install one in each nook, and LEAVE it there.

The current known good version is 1.2.12 and seems to work satisfactorily. It's the one we'll be using at Area 6.