Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my Super Black Eagle II build

Since there doesn't seem to be too awful many built SBE II's out there I figured I'd show mine off. Built by master shotgun surgeon Steve Rose. 26" barrel, Nordic +9 tube, tube clamp with both a QD socket and rail for a light, welded lifter, low friction follower, opened up the loading port, trigger job, ghost loading / out of battery mods, green fiber sight, QD socket in the stock, Arredondo carrier release bar, Nordic bolt handle, lightened bolt carrier... probably other stuff that I can't remember.

post-49714-0-96474600-1395509632_thumb.j

post-49714-0-72258500-1395509647_thumb.j

post-49714-0-47413800-1395509658_thumb.j

post-49714-0-24786900-1395509671_thumb.j

post-49714-0-39958000-1395509682_thumb.j

I would have converted my SBEII for 3-gun, but I was getting it modified too much. The ease of cleaning would have been great, but the large 3 1/2" opening doesn't really offer a whole lot when I was getting the loading port opened up anyway.

The mid-bead would have been wasted by being pulled out after putting in XS rear sights.

How does it run?

Haven't had a chance to fully put it through its paces but can say it eats cheap bird shot just fine which is the concern of some people with SBE II's. Loads like a dream, could instantly load 2. I can shoot and load it much better than my old FN.

Do have somewhat of a snag with the mag tube, I think the original spring is a little weak, getting some jams when the last round pops out of the tube. Going to play with that, may have to get a stiffer spring.

The mid-bead would have been wasted by being pulled out after putting in XS rear sights.

I just came from rifle sights on my FN, don't care to go back. I like the vent rib, with the mid bead if I really feel the need to align it better for slugs. The Hi-Viz fiber optic sight is a little large though, which is great for low light field use, but I hope it doesn't jack with the accuracy of slugs.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters