Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian

hdgun

I have three Caspian high caps and love them, I have two first gen framed blasters and one second (Fantom). I have three Craig mags in 40S&W that i got when I bought my Fantom,They are flowless in that gun. I found they are too tight in the other framed guns. Did Caspian change any dimentions between the first and second gen frames? or was the Fantom modified to take these mags.

Second:One of my first gen frames has grips on it,I want to take the grips off and use grip tape in place. Who or what do I use to fill in the big voids in the frame? Thanks for any help. John

My Caspian Open gun has the big holes covered by Skateboard tape. Cover 'em up and you'll never know the difference. Unless someone pokes something through the tape.

A buddy of mine has a Caspian Open gun that looks like swiss chesse. Quite a few holes drilled in the frame.

SRT, do you feel where the big holes are with the tape?When you grip the gun does the tape press on the mag?I am not talking about the small round holes like 2nd gen frame. I have another 1st gen frame that has these blocks in place.I was wondering who did this or who can do this. Thanks, John

• 2 weeks later...

hdgun,

Bob Cogan's "Accurate Plating & Weaponry" in Safety Harbor, FL. can probably help you. They did a lot of the welding of the grip holes on the 1st gen frames. They did this because of their tendency to crack! They have altered the Pro Mags for my 1st gen Caspian .45. Good Luck. (insist on speaking with Bob Cogan)

Larry

• 2 months later...

The Craig mags fit fine in my 1st gen frame. I spoke with Caspian they told me the internal measurements of the frame are the same for their guns 1st or second. Measure the mag you are having problems with you may need to put it in a vise to work out a fat spot