Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 Jamming

GM2B

My Benelli M2 is jamming every 150 rounds or so. The jams range from failures to eject slug rounds or failure to load birds all the way. I use a range of shells but primarily fiocchi low recoil slugs and estate 1 ounce 7.5 shot. The M2 has 5000+ rounds thru it but I dont know exactly how many I put that many thru it but I also bought it used. The shotugn has a lightened bolt, nordic follower and spring, and has been dremelled at the loading port other than that it is stock. Do these things get worn out? It jams with slugs and birds alike. I have not been able to find any reason for it to be jamming. I clean all of my weapons every 200 rounds. Any ideas?

Hey amigo, it sounds worn out to me! I have an M1 with only 236,000 rounds on it so I'm sure yours is toast. Better send it to me for disposal.

Sounds to me like a lack of oil and incomplete maintainance, but I'm sure you know better than me. My guess is no oil on trigger mech. Especially where the shell cut off lever rides. Possible cracked cam pin.....but for darn sure dry! Dirty main spring tube and spring guide....way to little lube in general. Dirty locking lug recesses.....lack of quality hair gel..... But as you once said with a shotgun you can hold your own......well swabby that does include maintainance. You now need to ask what would Benny do? For more info....that is why I gave you my contact info card.... Semper Fi ;)

I have come to the realization that I may be better at loading and shooting a shotgun really fast and missing then I am at hitting the targets! I will call you tomorrow or Thursday to ask lots more questions!!!!! I am working nightshift so my time is spent trolling the internet and reading stuff while the ER is empty. Oh and spending every dime I am making on bullets, compnents, lowers, 1911's and other guns via various internet shopping sites!

I would check the crimps on your shells. I use Walmart bulk shells and when I only use the shells with "good" crimp I have significantly less problems with feeding jams.

And see if using shells rated for more velocity (which generates more energy to work the action) increases reliability.

The low recoil Win slugs that I have are on the edge with my M2. If it's clean and lubed they work. They start doing what yours are doing when it gets dirty.

I think this is a lack of proper maintenance issue. I have never cleaned the recoil spring housing! Maybe it needs that I am sure Kurt will enlighten me tomorrow when I pick his brain!

I touched the inside of the barrel like 3 times on the right side where the extractor has sharpened the chamber. I put a slight 45 degree angle towards the inside of the barrel rather then the straight knife edge it had. Shot a bunch today and it worked great!

I touched the inside of the barrel like 3 times on the right side where the extractor has sharpened the chamber. I put a slight 45 degree angle towards the inside of the barrel rather then the straight knife edge it had. Shot a bunch today and it worked great!

I had the same issue, every so many rounds the shotgun would fail to feed. My initial thought was WTF this is a benelli...then at the last 3gun match I had a fail to feed and a fellow shooter told me about the sharp edge on the inside of the bbl catching on a shell, which is not perfectly round. So I took a file to it and slowly filed away the edge. we will see how it does this weekend at the local 3g match.