Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Rear Sight Screw Size

ZackJones

The subject pretty much sums up my question - does any one know the size of the allen head holding the rear sight in place? I have one that will work in a pinch but would prefer to use the proper size. Somehow my rear sight has worked its way left and I need to recenter it and put some locktight on it to keep it in place.

The manual says 1/16th inch Allen wrench. I hear that the problems come up when you use a cheaper grade wrench that is not held to spec as well as a good one.

I must have overlooked it in the manual because I checked before posting. Obviously I didn't look close enough. Thanks for the info.

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_91_249&products_id=961&zenid=e1d026d8970cc2a451d6ea219b94dfde

I too purchased a few diff 1/16 wrenches as they all fit differently. Some are loose some are perfect. I also picked up a wrench and screw set at Speed Shooter Specialties for spares.

Steve

Thanks everyone! I bought a set of wrenches and was able to loosen the screw and adjust as needed so I'm good to go now. I'm going to verify sight alignment this week and then put some blue locktite on the screw to keep things in place.