Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clearing Scores in Practiscore

ZackJones

I learned a new capability in Practiscore at the AL sectional match. We had to reshoot a shooter after we had scored the targets. I was aware that you could tap and hold on a score to clear it but I wasn't aware that you could tap on the target number to the left side of the scoring boxes and it would clear the scores for that row. It may be documented some place but I wasn't aware of this capability so I thought I'd pass it along.

Wait a minute... Tap and hold on a "score" to clear it? What do you mean? You can clear out a competitor's entire run on a stage? If so, how?

We've always known about clearing a target's score by tapping and holding the target number, so I guess it's written down somewhere in one of the old pdf manuals nobody looks at. (They changed it to a quick tap? Not sure I like that; I'd rather that a target's values not be so susceptible to a stray finger swipe.)

Edited by wgnoyes

Yeah but he specifically said tap and hold on a score, which is a feature that's actually needed. Then he mentioned clearing a target line separately, so I read those two be two separate things, hence the question.

I don't think I like this. This makes target values particularly vulnerable to a stray finger swipe and possibly unrecoverable if the target has been pasted and no one can authoritatively recall the hits, requiring a needless reshoot. It was much safer to have it set as a long tap.

Never mind, I just found out this is nothing new. If it hasn't bitten us bad enough before now, I guess it's a non-issue.

Edited by wgnoyes

Yeah but he specifically said tap and hold on a score, which is a feature that's actually needed. Then he mentioned clearing a target line separately, so I read those two be two separate things, hence the question.

Just to clarify what I meant by tap and hold on a score was the count of A/B/C/D/NS/M hits on a specific target line. If you accidentally type A three times and you meant to only tap it twice you can reset the A box by tapping and holding.

To reset the entire row tap the target number to the left of the A/B/C/D/NS/M boxes that is what I was trying to tell folks about.

• 4 months later...

Yeah but he specifically said tap and hold on a score, which is a feature that's actually needed.

We've run into this on a couple occasions. There should be a way to clear the entire score for a shooter. It should probably require some kind of double/triple verification so that it cannot be done by accident, but it needs to be there.