Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Report

Canine582

Just got back from the largest gun show in Alabama a few minutes ago. There are usually only two guys that make the show that bring reloading powder. One guy had ---zip---- for powder for pistols, NONE. He had maybe eight different types of rifle powder maybe ten. Some of it was for .223. Again, no pistol powder. It appeared he had maybe thirty different canisters for sale.

The second guy had:

4- 8# of Alliant/ American Select

2- 8# of Alliant Red Dot

1- 8# of Green Dot

10-15 1# containers of Accurate #7

5-10 containers of other powders

This was it for about the entire show. I saw 1# can of 700X that appeared to be twenty years old, that the guy had marked for $49.95. Of course there didn't appear to be anyone fighting over it.

I came away with one of the jugs of Red Dot.

Just thought I would share.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man I wish i could find no5, even at $26 I'd buy a bunch. That's what I shoot in the 45 and at 8.6 grains it doesn't go that far. I was on the phone with Accurate (called to ask why no powder in so long) and the lady said she literally was just told that they had some available and were shipping. I called LGS and they said they would reserve me 4 pounds from their order. when it came they only gave me 1, just too much backorder and too much demand. I don't even bother with gunshows now.

Red