Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

can I use two rifles during a match

aaronkingnitro

I would depend on the specific match, but most do not allow it. The MGM Iron Man has allowed a long range rifle for use on specific targets/stages.

It would be best to consult the rules of the match you are looking to attend and if you cannot find the information you are looking for ask the Match Director.

Basically, he answer is no. With that being said, a lot of the smaller matches encourage the boys to play with their toys, so they may let you. The bigger the match is, usually, the more you have to stick to one rifle. You will see in the rules that it will say no changing barrels or barrel length etc.....

It depends on the match. The MGM Ironman allows you to use two rifles on the long range stage if you want. The long range rifle is staged in a forward shooting position for bonus which you get to after shooting the scoring targets. Long range bonus was around 550, 700 and 850 yds. Scoring targets went out to about 400

They don't run USPSA rules however.

All of the matches I have attended prohibited the use of two rifles, pistols or shotguns. The exception would be if you had a failure of your gun the match director has the choice to let you go to a back up gun and it must be comparable to your primary.