Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Versa Max not cycling

window2time

I am another noob trying to get into 3 Gun. I just bought a new Versa Max from Benny and he sent it to me complete with welded lifter, etc. I have added an XRail which seems to be functioning just fine. However, after firing a round it will not load the next shell until I either give a small upward nudge on the lifter or a gentle forward nudge on the charging handle. I am going to try to post a video below which was done with a Fiocchi dummy round.

My second problem is that I am using a SpeedBead and it is hitting 8 to 10 inches low with slugs at 50yds. I have maxed out the adjustment on the SpeedBead but I am still 8 -10 low. I am probably doing something stupid but if not then perhaps I will try shimming one end of sight. Any help appreciated.

I sent Benny a PM. I just thought maybe it was an easy fix or I was doing something obvious wrong.

With regard to the question about my choice to use a red dot and Xrail, that is because my eyesight is bad and I don't do at all well with iron sights. As soon as I go to a red dot, I have no choice but to shoot open and then must compete with tricked out open shotguns. I would prefer not to compete in the open class.

Thought Speedbead was a fiberoptic? I see now it is the receiver mounted fastfire.

Although it's visually better getting the optic closer to your face, we've always mounted them on the vent rib.

I am also using a Versamax this year. It seems a litter more robust than the Mossberg 930.

Nick