Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are you finding powder? (38 super)

JPG

I just recently started shooting Open, and man am I having trouble finding reloading components! I finally found brass, and luckily I have 2lbs of HS-6 lying around, but that'll be gone soon.

Where are you guys finding stuff? I've heard that finding 3n38 this year will be harder than finding Jimmy Hoffa (sorry, couldn't resist) because of the Lapua acquisition. I can't even find HS-6 anymore.

Thoughts?

I've gotten powder orders this past year from Powder Valley, Third Gen, Natchez, and Wideners.

Unfortunately, you need to act FAST and be ready to place the order the minute you find some available.

I've picked up around 40# of rifle powder (8208XBR, TAC, Xterminator/AA2230) and 20# of pistol powder (Silhouette, SR7625) in the past year. NOT easy, and not always first choice, but certainly 'not bad.'

I was like you JPG, I couldn't find pistol powder anywhere. I got super lucky and found 8lbs of IMR SR4756 and 4lbs of IMR PB at a gunshow two weeks back. I over paid a little but at east I won't go hungry. good luck.. pickens are slim.

I was like you JPG, I couldn't find pistol powder anywhere. I got super lucky and found 8lbs of IMR SR4756 and 4lbs of IMR PB at a gunshow two weeks back. I over paid a little but at east I won't go hungry. good luck.. pickens are slim.

Hell, I'd kill for that PB. Love that stuff.

I've only used PB for reloading .45ACP. under a 230gr LRN. This was my first time using it in this caliber and it seems to be very accurate so far. Has anyone ever used PB in a .40 reload. I see data for t on Hodgden's site but was just curious.