Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power P1 - Double Feed Issues

I have Grand Power P1 currently waiting for a call tag from Century for the barrel issues. I emailed them recently and also asked about the problems I have been having otherwise. I am getting consistent double feeds (2-3 times a mag). The magazine is also very difficult to fully seat, even with downloaded mags.

I read somewhere there is a new follower + spring design out there for the mags. Does anyone know if this could help cure some of the issues I am having? If so where does one find these components?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get double feed complaints often. (More like ever.)

It sounds like a weak ejection problem. The ejector of the guns is massive, and I've yet to see one break. The P1 is a service grade gun built to function 24/7, so it should cycle with a healthy range of ammo and while in any acceptable state of cleanliness and lubrication.

My first guess on the cause of the double feed is ammo. Any chance you're using lighter reloads?

The magazine when empty seats fine and you don't have a compression issue with the baseplate and the bottom of the magazine well, but it gives you trouble when loaded with 15? Odd.

• 1 month later...

How New is the gun. I remember on my K100 there was one mag that had a bit of trouble, but not all and if I remember correctly the problem went away when I changed to the new follower. I have the P1 and I have not had this problem.

Did you try seat the mag with the slide open and see if there is a difference?

What color is the mag follower? Red? These are the new followers and are great.

Let us know.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to include in my original post that the problems began at a Haley Strategic Pistol class. I shot 300+ rounds (with at least 50-60 mag changes; tactical, speed, and admin) before I was forced to switch to my backup sig.

I ended up trading it away. Century took it back for recall on the barrel but did not address my other issues on its work order or any other materials. I unfortunately did not get to test fire it.

I will be giving the Grand Power platform another shot with the X-Caliber.

Edited by thegeneric