Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bushnell G-force 1300 ARC

Does anyone have any experience with this rangefinder? Cabela's has this unit on sale and I would like to hear what others think about it before I purchase.

Edited by swedge58

I have one of the G-Force rangefinders. I have used it for a couple years now. I also have a Leica 1000 and a Leica 1600. For the price that Cabelas has them for sale at, I would get one again. If and only if I don't want to spend the money on a Leica 1600. I have ranged tree lines out to almost 1400yds and Deer out to 1100. Realize that was in perfect conditions. I would trust the G-Force to 500 on not ideal conditions. The optical view is pretty good, the ranging button is a bit tough to press with gloves on. It has generic ballistic charts that worked for me out to about 600 yards, beyond that they started gradually getting further and further from my actual ballistics.

The Leicas are better optically and give instant feedback on range. Not that the G-Force takes forever, but it is noticeably slower. The Leica also has a smaller beam divergence. Meaning, they will be more precise on picking up the actual target, and not the ground in front of the target. The ranging button is also quite a bit easier to use. Which is important when you are trying to be as stable as possible. I use the G-Force on a tripod as much as possible, since it has a place to mount it already included. The Leica adapter for a tripod is a seperate unit and around $80.

When I go hunting I throw both the G-Force and the Leica 1000 in my bag. I take my dad most of the time these days, instead of the other way around. When I reach into the bag, either one works for me, and the other goes to my dad. No preference for hunting.

Now for ranging targets for banging steel at distance. Give me the Leica 1600 every time.

So for hunting inside 600 yards, don't hesitate on the G-Force. If you are hopeful of longer range, you better have something larger than a deer to range or step up in price considerably.

Look around a bit and you will find them at least $50 cheaper at many online shops.