Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IROA Interpretations

wgnoyes

It is my opinion that US 11.8.3 reads that only USPSA's NROI official interpretations apply to USPSA and the USPSA version of the green rule book.

I have asked for an official inperpretation of 11.8 (email to my AD, head of NROI and USPSA President).

When I hear back, I will post the findings.

Vince and I also were talking about this in another thread.

Flex,

For the time being, I'd just like to clarify that the Rule Interpretations published on the IPSC website are the responsibility of the IPSC Executive Council (not IROA), as stated in Rule 11.8.1.

However (as an FYI), the IPSC Executive Council currently delegates the actual interpretative process to the IPSC Rules Committee, which is headed by Mike Voigt, and of which the IROA President and the Head of the USPSA NROI are voting members.

• 6 months later...

I got a response on this from amidon way back when...and failed to post it.

Recently, this issue was covered again on the USPSA Forum: (click here to view that thread)

Below is John Amidon's response:

The BOD of USPSA currently are the definitive body that decides the rules for USPSA, this also includes any interpretations rendered by NROI. As the handgun competition rules handbook states, "USPSA Version", any interpretations given

will come from NROI with approval from the BOD, as US 11.8.3 indicates.

To maintain some sort of consistency, NROI prior to rendering a interpretation related to IPSC rules, will discuss the issue with IPSC, but it is the BOD for

USPSA that will make the final decision on the validity or not, of the interpretation.

If the interpretation is not shown on the USPSA web page, under NROI rulings,

it does not exist, therefore, any IPSC interpretations currently given, do not effect the USPSA version until they are approved and posted on our web page.

Hope this helps clear the issue up.

Regards,

John Amidon

D-NROI