Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for 1911 Single Stack USPSA?

Erik4e

get a 40. be done with it. if you get a 45, sooner or later you will ne thinking "shouldve got a 40"!!

I started with a 45. Later I added a 40. After that I added a 9. (all in 1911).

While I'll shoot and practice with all of them, I only compete with the 40.

Get the 40.

-ivan-

I was in the same boat as you last year. Got the trojan in .40sw and then the Spartan in .45. Both are are great for the money. I use the Trojan for Uspsa ss in minor, with option to go to limited 10. Use Tripp mags only, no prblms. The Spartan I use for Idpa. Im a glock guy but wanted a SS so said screw it and bought 2, happy with both.

I appreciate everyone's responses. I purchased the Spartan, in 9mm. I know that it may not be the most popular choice, but so far I am happy with it. I was able to get the gun, magwell, mags, mag pouches, holster and some grips within my budget. I also considered what was said about reloading and by sticking with 9 it makes things much easier. I know I will be giving up some shooting minor, but I am only able to hit a couple local matches a month and I really am just in it for the fun.

I appreciate everyone's responses. I purchased the Spartan, in 9mm. I know that it may not be the most popular choice, but so far I am happy with it. I was able to get the gun, magwell, mags, mag pouches, holster and some grips within my budget. I also considered what was said about reloading and by sticking with 9 it makes things much easier. I know I will be giving up some shooting minor, but I am only able to hit a couple local matches a month and I really am just in it for the fun.

If you learn to shoot A's minor is a good choice. If you shoot a lot of C's and D's not so much. Set a goal to shoot 90% of the points and you will do well.