Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 147 FMJ

nelly

The data at Handloads.com gave a starting point at 3.8 and goes to 4.2grs of Bullseye and SilverBolt's data for a minor PF load is 3.4grs - my question is to Silverbolt - Do you have reliable cycling with 3.4grs ? can you take down a large Pepper Popper, & what are you shooting it from ? I plan on shooting it from a Glock 17C so I need to have a bit more punch because I'm losing approx. 25FPS from the comp slots in the barrel.

My wife and I are running that load in our Gen-4 34's with the factory RSA. No cycling issues at all. The recipe came from a friend that has been shooting it in Production class for years. We have been practicing with it and shot our first match with it last week. No issues. It runs very well and a very soft recoil. It has no problem taking the big poppers. My OAL is 1.15 which is about the max that a Glock can feed.

Thanks SilverBolt, Now that I know that you can take down a Big PP with 3.4grs of Bullseye with your G-34, I may have to bump it up just a tad to start at 3.7grs to make up for my 25 FPS loss..Thanks everyone for the help.