Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-01 for IDPA BUG?

JLeeCZ

Just ordered the SP-01 and should have it in a few days. Very excited to say the least. It will be my first CZ and I'm already planning for the second. Interested in the compact line, namely the 75 D PCR and the P-01. Since I will have the SP-01, the P-01 seems a logical choice. Just getting into IDPA and was wondering how you would rate the P-01 for IDPA BUG.

I have a 75 Compact L from CZC. It had a great trigger job from CZC already but I enhanced it with with some CGW internal parts.

Compact L is nice since it's a manual safety instead of decocker. There is a Shadow model in that length now as well.

I didn't know about the Compact L. Wow, that's exactly what I would want- alloy frame with manual safety and improved trigger. Planning on shooting the SP-01 a lot. Could send it to CZC and set it up like the Compact L for better transition. Possible to get the Compact L and CZC modified SP set up with triggers that are close in reset, travel and weight? Might replace the G19 as my EDC and have a great option for BUG. Hmmm.

Really like fiber optic sights though. Have Dawson Comp FO's front(red) and back(green) on my Glocks and XDM. Would really like to keep my sight pictures consistent but probably something I could live with. Dawson needs to expand ther CZ line of FO's.

Edited by XDMer

What type of SP-01 did you order? It sounds like you want sights on your SP-01 like this:

The CZC SP-01 Shadow Target Custom has an LPA cut so the Dawson's LPA FOs fit without modification.

The Compact L has replaced my trusty Glock 19 as my EDC and there is no looking back. If I was trying to get exactly the same trigger then I would try to get a Shadow Compact but a FP block isn't a bad idea to have on an EDC and the trigger is still wonderful. On my SP-01 I have the CZC Short Reset mod so I on my Compact L I got the CGW SRS and disco since it works in B style guns. My SP-01's trigger's double is just under 6lb and the single is just over 2lb. My Compact L is at 7lb and 3lb.

Other mods to the Compact L included some VZ grips, a new mainspring plug, stainless mag break, and old 85 style trigger.

Edited by alma

eerw would know better but it looks like CZC has two alternative rear sights for the standard CZ 75 cut. Unfortunately most of the competition options use a Shadow style cut or an LPA.

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Competition-Rear-Sight-1-1.aspx

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Tactical-Rear-Sight.aspx

I don't know what your plans are but you should definitely invest in the CZC Comp hammer for all of your CZ guns. Also, Cajun Gun Works (CGW) has some outstanding trigger parts that dramatically change the feel and performance of the B style (firing pin plunger) guns. I almost prefer the feel of the Compact L's trigger right now; to me it has a very crisp feel and I don't feel like a Compact Shadow would give me any better performance.

your SP01 and a Compact L can be set up to be identical.

Both guns have same sight dovetail, same trigger, same firing pin block system.

so we can install same hammer, same "B" style short reset, same sight sets, and so on and so on. only difference will be Compact L will be single side safety and the SP01 will be ambi.

your SP01 and a Compact L can be set up to be identical.

Both guns have same sight dovetail, same trigger, same firing pin block system.

so we can install same hammer, same "B" style short reset, same sight sets, and so on and so on. only difference will be Compact L will be single side safety and the SP01 will be ambi.

Perfect. That settles it. Compact L it will be.