Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo followers in STI 126mm 40cal mags

Rush

Hi everyone... I've got 3 STI 126mm, 40 cal mags. The problem is, when i replace the STI follower with an arredondo one (red), the arredondo followers get caught on the mag catch slot and get jammed....

no problems with the STI follower though, except the capacity is reduced to 16 rds.

Would anyone know how this could be fixed? The mags are all brand new...

With the arredondo follower, I get 17 in the mags. W/o, its only 16... This is for IPSC style shooting...

I've done a search, but this problem doesn't seem to have been discussed before

Thanks in Advance and Regards,

Could be the spring is bent somehow.

You could try another spring and/or another capacity-increasing follower. Grams and Dawson both make capacity-increasing followers that I've used with success, though the Arredondo should also work if everything else is OK

i love experimenting and bought ismi springs for my sv tubes i then put aredondo teflon follower.

i also bought gramms with the new follower and spring combo.

both of these setups i get 17 in my sv tubes.

i also have sv followers that i trimmed and installed it on an old style gramss spring. with this setup i get 18.

when my 18 round mag begins to choke due to a weak spring. i will buy ismi spring and put that on my trimmed sv follower.

btw, i epoxied the sv follower so it wont turn or get removed inadvertedly.

Thanks... but these ar new mags.. funny, first time i've found STI mags to have problems.. my super mags were troublefree...

i was using the 126mm tubes yesterday with the stock sti followers instead as the arredondo followers wouldn't work... and the same thing happened again with the stock followers... I looked at the tubes more closely, specifically at the mag catch slot in the tube, the slots were jagged and very rough.. I'm going to try to smooth out the slot edges and see if that corrects the problem... hopefully a little sanding/polishing to round off the jags will cure it...

That being said, the only danger now is opening up the slot to much? Right...

Best regards :)