Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para p14-45 pro custom

jstagn

Does anyone other than Guncraft make a short trigger for this gun? Also am looking for a sear spring (3 finger), other than stock, the Wilson one is too short. Thanks..........

Edited by jstagn

Thanks, ParaGunner, it looks like the Ed Brown Part 822 has that longer middle finger so it should work. Gunsmith replaced the hammer/sear with the good Wilson parts (original were junk MIM) so no more hammer drop. Am trying to get a 2.5 trigger pull like my old para had. What do you have yours set to? Don't know if the ed brown will help.

Not sure about the trigger. Try a Ed Brown hardcore or a Infinity tri-glide sear spring. I've used both in my Paras with great success.

ParaGunner, did you have any issues with main spring housing clearance with the sv sear spring? I tried to put one in my P16 and the tab at the bottom had a round curve and could not get the msh past it.

Thanks, ParaGunner, it looks like the Ed Brown Part 822 has that longer middle finger so it should work. Gunsmith replaced the hammer/sear with the good Wilson parts (original were junk MIM) so no more hammer drop. Am trying to get a 2.5 trigger pull like my old para had. What do you have yours set to? Don't know if the ed brown will help.

My trigger pull is set to 2.25lbs. I'm using C&S Ultra light trigger group with a Infinity tri-glide sear spring. After the installation of the C&S trigger group I only had to tweak the sear spring to get the pull weight were I want it.

Not sure about the trigger. Try a Ed Brown hardcore or a Infinity tri-glide sear spring. I've used both in my Paras with great success.

ParaGunner, did you have any issues with main spring housing clearance with the sv sear spring? I tried to put one in my P16 and the tab at the bottom had a round curve and could not get the msh past it.

Yes,the tab had to be slightly bent and the I shortened the part of the tab that inserts into the frame because it went to far into the frame rubbing the magazine. Once in,I measured the pull weight and it was 1.5lbs. I bent the center sear leg in until I got to a 2.5lbs trigger pull weight.