Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TANFOGLIO Customer service/parts availability

Kimbertarget

Hello,

Ive been wanting a tanfoglio limited .45 with the full length dust cover for some time. I hear that customer service in the USA isnt great. How are parts availability and customer service if you wanted to run one in steel challenge? I dont want to invest $1000 and end up not being able to do a simple trigger job or have to wait for mag/mag parts etc.

What has your experience been with TANFOGLIO stateside?

Thank you

There are other merchants who sell tanfo parts besides EAA so running one isn't bad. All of the good trigger parts come from companies other than EAA/Tanfoglio (Henning, EGW), and good aftermarket mags are made by Mecgar and sold by on-line retailers like Greg Cote, Midway, etc. Things like barrels are a little less common, but Numrich has old stock and I believe that Briley is working on making a Tanfo barrel (not sure what they will fit). EAA recently had a ginormus price increase on their parts (over 2x in some cases) so getting barrels, slides, and caliber conversions is less attractive than it was...which is too bad and has stopped me in my tracks from getting another conversion from them.

I do wish that another distributor for Tanfos in the USofA would become established with a better handle on getting the guns imported along with better parts sales and service. They really are good shooters and work well for the games.

Which frames are the most desirable for conversions:9mm,38super and .40cal?

I really like the full dust cover model li ited and production II but are they worth the 2X price over the E.A.A. Witness models without the full length dust cover,ambi controls and front cocking serrations?

In terms of accuracy for gaming are the $1,000 limited models that much better than the $550 Match witness models?

I game production DIV with a GLOCK34 with ZEVTECH internals and single stack DIV with a customized COLT ENHANCED MODEL 1911. Im looking for a versatile platform that i can mod easily like the 1911 and since the CZ-75 frame is basically the 1911 of europe i thought the parts werent going to be so expensive. I hear the STOCK III trigger is better than the STOCK II and is basically what one PRO gamer uses.

Are the E.A.A.'s just rebranded Tanfos or do they assemble them here in the USA?

Thank you for info

There are other merchants who sell tanfo parts besides EAA so running one isn't bad. All of the good trigger parts come from companies other than EAA/Tanfoglio (Henning, EGW), and good aftermarket mags are made by Mecgar and sold by on-line retailers like Greg Cote, Midway, etc. Things like barrels are a little less common, but Numrich has old stock and I believe that Briley is working on making a Tanfo barrel (not sure what they will fit). EAA recently had a ginormus price increase on their parts (over 2x in some cases) so getting barrels, slides, and caliber conversions is less attractive than it was...which is too bad and has stopped me in my tracks from getting another conversion from them.

I do wish that another distributor for Tanfos in the USofA would become established with a better handle on getting the guns imported along with better parts sales and service. They really are good shooters and work well for the games.

Which frames are the most desirable for conversions:9mm,38super and .40cal?

I really like the full dust cover model li ited and production II but are they worth the 2X price over the E.A.A. Witness models without the full length dust cover,ambi controls and front cocking serrations?

In terms of accuracy for gaming are the $1,000 limited models that much better than the $550 Match witness models?

I game production DIV with a GLOCK34 with ZEVTECH internals and single stack DIV with a customized COLT ENHANCED MODEL 1911. Im looking for a versatile platform that i can mod easily like the 1911 and since the CZ-75 frame is basically the 1911 of europe i thought the parts werent going to be so expensive. I hear the STOCK III trigger is better than the STOCK II and is basically what one PRO gamer uses.

Are the E.A.A.'s just rebranded Tanfos or do they assemble them here in the USA?

Thank you for info