Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max carrier

Zoomy

Does anyone know if the carrier on the Versa Max Tactical is the same one used on the field grade Versa Max. I just picked up a tactical model and wanted to get the carrier welded.I was going to purchase one from Remington to send in. I called Remington parts and asked if they had one to

sell. The guy on the phone masked for my serial number. After he checked he told me that I have a tactical model an that there where not any in stock and that there probably would not be any for a long time. I asked him if he had any field grade Versa Max carriers in stock. He said that he did but that it would not fit or function in the tactical. I said my owners manual only showed

one carrier. He said that the where where not the same. Is this true? I already took out my carrier and mailed it off to C-Rum's but I was wondering if they do not want to sell the carrier to people with tactical models because they know we are going to modify them.

I have the sportsman 26" and it will shoot up to a 3 1/2" mag. Pretty sure the tactical will not so they may be different sizes.

Thanks Josh. I read in another forum that the tactical will fire 3 1/2" shells. Remington does not recommend it because the longer shell combined with more shells in the magazine might distort the shell and cause feeding problems. So I had to try it. Loaded up 4 rounds of 3 1/2" and everything fed and shot fine.

Same receiver, same carrier across the line up until the 2014 models. In 2014, still same receivers, but the new (welding not needed) carrier of the 3G model without the "teeth" is supposedly being carried over to other models.

With a Versa-Tube, any Versa-Max will shoot the 3.5" shells 100%, with the stock extended tubes like on the Tacticals, they might have some feed failures. The 3G version used the same design as our Versa-Tube (yes, they asked) so it should feed 3.5" shells just fine as well.

Same receiver, same carrier across the line up until the 2014 models. In 2014, still same receivers, but the new (welding not needed) carrier of the 3G model without the "teeth" is supposedly being carried over to other models.

With a Versa-Tube, any Versa-Max will shoot the 3.5" shells 100%, with the stock extended tubes like on the Tacticals, they might have some feed failures. The 3G version used the same design as our Versa-Tube (yes, they asked) so it should feed 3.5" shells just fine as well.

Thanks Mark. Mine shot 3.5" shells fine. My shotgun was built in March 2013 and has the forked carrier. I wonder why the Remington parts guy told me that the field grade model's carrier would not worke in mine. I will be ordering the Versa Tube to make it a 9+1. C-Rums is going to upgrade the carrier for me.