Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor, Michigan - Top Gun Shooting Sports Winter Matches

Hello to all,

The Top Gun USPSA MI-19 Indoor Winter Matches will start this Thursday 01-16-2014.

Top Gun Shooting Sports

16725 Racho

Taylor, MI 48180

(Old Building, New building is across Racho to the West)

Schedule:

Thursdays Registration at 5:00pm, shooting by 5:30-6:00pm. Usually done by 9.00pm (3-4 stages $15.00)

01-16-2014, 02-06-2014, 02-20-2014, 03-06-2014, 03-20-2014.

Sundays Registration at 5:00pm, Shooting by ~6:00pm. Usually done after 9:00pm

01-26-2014 (4-5 stages including 1 classifier $20.00)

02-23-2014 (4-5 stages including 1 classifier $20.00)

03-23-2014 (4-5 stage special classifier match with 3-4 classifiers $25.00)

The 01-16-2014 match is at the old Top Gun building but eventually we will be moving across the street to the new building. Date of move is TBD.

Thank you,

Geoff Siembor and the Top Gun USPSA staff

(Special Thanks to Mike and the Staff at Top Gun Shooting Sports in Taylor Michigan for allowing us to use their indoor facility.)

• 2 weeks later...

Top Gun 01-26-2014 Match:

I am told we will be at the new building. I do not have the address but it is directly across the street. You will enter from Pennsylvania not Racho rd. It is located on the North West corner of Racho and Pennsylvania intersection.

The range is heated but a sweater or sweatshirt may be appreciated. It appears to be better lit than the old facility (maybe because it is new and we have to destroyed the light fixtures with steel ricochets!) They currently have 1 set of 12 bays open and hope to have a second set open by Sunday. If not then we may have a HUGE backup depending on how many people show up. I will check with them Friday/Saturday to check on the 2nd area for us. If it is not ready we will have some logistical problems and delays depending on the number of shooters we have. We had 26 shooters on Thursday with terrible weather and road conditions. Sunday could be a large turnout. I will post an update Friday or Saturday so everyone will know. Also the benches and coat hooks were not up as of last Saturday so you may be working off the floor.

Thanks,

Geoff and the T.G.P.S. staff.

Edited by Mr.Robot

Top Gun 01-26-2014 match

Hello to all,

I have just received the info from the Top Gun range. We will only have 1 set of range available and will be in the new building. I am re-working my stages to thin them up a bit and I hope to be able to fit 4 simple stages. Round count will be under 70 rds. I will be having the classifier CM 13-01 (It is thin and works for this match).

The problem I forsee is depending on how many competitors show up, this could be a late match with a lot of waiting between stages (more than usual). If you are planning to come frrm a long ways away please keep this in mind. I will not be allowing shoot-throughs to get get people out early and I will not be able to allow more than 1 chance at the classifier (no 2nd firearm or paid 2nd chance). I must do this to keep the time reasonable. The range will be charging $20 or $15 for Top Gun Annual Members.

I understand if you make the decision to skip this match as the match is smaller than usual and the waits and end time could be very long/late.

If you decide to come we will be registering around 5pm and hopefully setting up and ready to shoot shortly after 6pm. Registration will be closed at 6:00pm for this match. If you are going to be late please try to let someone know and I will do my best to get you in.

I am told that our next Thursday match (02-07-2014) may be at the new building or the old. I will post if/when I receive confirmation.

The February 23rd Sunday match should be a normal 2 bay/5 stage match at the new building.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Geoff and the Top Gun Practical Shooters crew.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I am told we will be back to normal this Sunday 02-23-2014!

We will be in the new building. We will receive the small 6 lane range around 5pm and the larger 12 lane range a little after 6pm. Anyone who wants to help with setup please arrive sometime after 5pm. If you will not be helping with setup please plan on arriving between 5:30 and 6:15pm. I will try to be ready for registrering shooters by 5:30pm. We will try to be setup and shooting by 6:30pm. Hopefully done before 10:00pm. I intend to have 5 stages with 1 classifier (CM 13-08 More Disaster Factor).

Thank you,

Geoff and the Top Gun Practical Shooters staff