Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need suggestion for next pistol to purchase

kmaultsby

Hello everyone I am looking for suggestion on the next pistol to purchase to use in production & limited\ limited 10. I live here in California. At the moment I am shooting IDPA SSP and ESP using XD9 tactical witch I like but I also have a Glock 22. My rank in IDPA is Markman. I want to start shooting USPSA my problem is I would like to have a backup pistol so I thinking of purchasing a Glock 35 and have the 22 as a backup or purchase a XD 40 but I am not sure if I can use the Glock 22 as a backup in USPSA. The problem with XD is would only be able to use it in limited 10, with the Glock I do have magazine options. Or I just shoot production only. Oh I reload so ammo choice is not a problem. I would love to here from others.

Sounds like you pretty much decided the route to go in your question.

As said, get the G35 and use the G22 as back up. You would have to start the match with the G35 then if it goes down you can use the G22 (no advantage). If you start the match with a G22 then you probably won't be allowed to the use the G35 as a back up if the G22 goes down (there is an advantage).