Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Outlaw

ErikW

Don't let yourself be victimized by the age you live in. It's not the times that will bring us down, any more than it's society. When you put the blame on society, then you end up turning to society for the solution. ... There's a tendency today to absolve individuals of moral responsibility and treat them as victims of social circumstance. You buy that, you pay with your soul. It's not men who limit women, it's not straights who limit gays, it's not whites who limit blacks. What limits people is they don't have the f*#king nerve or imagination to star in their own movie, let alone direct it.

Bernard Mickey Wrangle, aka T. Victrola Firecracker, aka The Woodpecker, aka The Outlaw, from Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins

... There's a tendency today to absolve individuals of moral responsibility and treat them as victims of social circumstance. You buy that, you pay with your soul.

Bernard Mickey Wrangle, aka T. Victrola Firecracker, aka The Woodpecker, aka The Outlaw, from Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins

Gosh that is SO true. People just will not be responsible for thier own actions. Sometimes it just makes me want to puke.

dj

My sister, who is working through some personal difficulty, shared with me the other day the importance of creating ones own story as we go through life. "Sam, we must learn to live out our own myth", she said. She didn't mean "myth" in the egoic sense, but rather in the sense of divine destiny. Kinda like "starring in our own movie" as the Woodpecker would say. How would I direct the movie if I knew that no one would ever see it but me and my Creator?

We've got to live on the level of our own soul. I hate it when I allow my own ego to flare up and start directing my movie. For certain, I cannot change anything I've done in the past.

Maybe the "movie" has to open with a central charachter who was a terrible fool. And the fool begins to figure out along the way that "some sinister somebody" is constantly attempting to sabotage everything he has ever loved or cared about in his life. He suspects the world, society, other individuals, are acting in concert against him. That they are tirelessly trying to bring him down. Then, near the end of the movie, he begins to suspect the true culprit. The guy he thought all along was his very best and truest friend. A friend he created for himself out of his own ego.

But now, the truth exposed....... one of them has to die. Will he face down this amazingly powerful and dispicable characther before it totally distroys him for all eternity?

It' s gonna be a cliff-hanger for sure.......

• 3 weeks later...