Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low thumb safety STI Edge

kamikaze1a

No telling how long it will be before I get my Infinity back from repair so I bought an STI Edge. Feels a bit awkward when I ride the thumb safety compared to the Infinity. Since the Infinity is away, I can't compare it to the Edge but I think that either the thumb safety or beaver tail contour is difference.

Does anyone know which STI compatible thumb safety lever offers a lower thumb position than the factory Edge lever? I did find a thumb safety on Brownells but It looks like it is way too low, I'm looking for a fraction of an inch lower ride.

Any experience with installing SV's safety lever and beaver tail on an Edge? SV has a "thumb relief cut" beaver tail and their thumb safety looks like a lower ride too. Is the non-pivoting grip safety work like pinning the grip safety?

Thanks!

why do you want to go to the trouble of getting a new beavertail. just pin it in and its good. i like the Ed brown safety as it contacts the thumbs early and lift it up. i would always feel funny using the stock one as i have small hands. Get the thumb safety and see if it feels different

It's not so much for the pinned or not but according to their site, their non-pivoting beaver tail has a "thumb relief profile". Can't say if it will allow a better or more comfortable grip than the STI piece but willing to give it a shot. Just was wondering what "non-pivoting" meant...

I am really start to wish I had my Infinity back so I could compare and figure out why it is so much more comfortable to grip.