Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caddy techniques?

Gakracker

Jesse, how has that setup you are using in your video worked when you are diving prone or exiting vehicles? I have been loading 2, and have been working on quads. I am concerned that the Taccom quads might come loose when negotiating obstacles or going prone. One nice attribute, the quads do not dig into my tactical pouch as much!

With all of the load 2 or toss 4 methods you definitely have to be more conscious of losing shells. The Carbon Arms clips are probably the most secure if that's a concern. To me it's kinda like my long shotgun tubes. I have to watch out for it when entering or exiting right space but it's such an advantage it's worth it.

Quad loading is definitely the way of the future and also much faster than load one. I just started practicing quad loads and at first I was loading 8 in around 7.5 seconds and that is slow watching some videos but it was much faster than loading one at a time. After a few practice sessions I am down to between 5.5-6 seconds from shoulder, load 8 and reshoulder. This is just taking off tons of time just in loading. Yes every once in a while is a bad load and I drop one or two but the time making up over load one is still there. Practice, practice and more practice is what it takes. I do it for maybe 20-30 minutes every other day on my days off and it really helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you run load2/4 on unmodified guns or does it matter on the gun? Was going to go to my first match in a couple weeks with "run whatcha got" but I don't have a way to mod my gun before hand (or have any setup). To be honest, I don't want to modify it until I decide if I want to start doing these matches frequently.

Can you run load2/4 on unmodified guns or does it matter on the gun?

I did "Load 2" for a while on my stock shooty but it works better since I did a little openning up and polishing of the port on my old 1100 CM. It was not required, it is just everything works better smooter and slicker.

Can you run load2/4 on unmodified guns or does it matter on the gun? Was going to go to my first match in a couple weeks with "run whatcha got" but I don't have a way to mod my gun before hand (or have any setup). To be honest, I don't want to modify it until I decide if I want to start doing these matches frequently.

Yes, you can run any load system without modifications to the gun. The modifications just make things a bit easier. Welding/smoothing the lifter helps keep your thumb from getting trapped by it. Depending on your hand size/anatomy this may or may not be a problem for you. It seems I'm one of the lucky few and have not had any modifications done to the lifter and have not had a problem with getting my thumb damaged. Opening up the loading port makes the port larger and makes it a bit easier to get the shells in without hitting an edge.

Edited by SteveT-NV