Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 single stack div-BEST HOLSTER

Kimbertarget

Hello,

Well i used my 1911 for the first time in STEEL CHALLENGE. I ran a few great stages then realized my holster wasnt through my right hand side last belt loop. After that it seemed it was too far back and i had to adjust my grip losing time and more than 3times i had grip safety issues due to my grip. Even the R.O. Said it looked like i completely changed my grip when i adjusted my holster.

problem #1 when you wear it the "legal" way being the front most portion of hip bone i have to jab my strong hand thumb between my "love handle area" in order to get a grip.

Problem #2 the holster at that point is so close to my body that i grip it someway that doesnt allow me to 100% disengage grip safety.

I have never had grip safety issues and ive already chamfered the tip where it meets the bow. I dont want to disable it,because i eventually wanna run it in IDPA and i cannot "PIN IT".

I used a girls elastic hair tie just to be sure and VOILA i never had an issue other than the holster feels more comfortable and easier to access when i dont go through that last RH loop. But then the Holster can move fore and aft a bit.

What is the best HOLSTER for single stack/limit ten that isnt a race holster which will push my 1911- an inch or so away from my body creating a gap to get my grip consistant?

I dont mind leather or kydex,i was using a leather holster but when i run my Glocks i have kydex, so i am open to either.

If you can post a link and manufacturer name/price of a holster for a 1911 that will work for competitons where i need to draw, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

What holster are you using now? Are you taking full advantage of the 2 inch allowable space? If not, you can either get spacers (and longer screws), make your own, or have a handy friend do it. Look at the USPSA rule book, the hip bone is further forward than most people think.

Not sure if it's legal for Single Stack but the Double Alpha PDR Pro holster was designed for production division. Here's link for a YouTube video on it. Assuming it would be legal for Single Stack it should meet your needs just fine.

I have a blackhawk plastic for my Glocks and i have a leather FBI 15* CANT holster for my 1911.

So i dont have any bolts, but a spacer makes sense. What do people use as a do-it-yourself spacer for a leather holster? Just something wdged between belt and holster to bring away from body?

I saw the $89.99 BLADETECH I.D.P.A. Kit but there is no info on if you get it dropped/out if itis legal for IDPA/USPSA/STEEL CHALLENGE.

Thank you for video i will check it out.

- just watched video im sold..its perfect..thank you

Edited by Kimbertarget

That Double Alpha won't be legal for single stack, no dropped holsters allowed.

I don't know what to do to offset a leather holster.

That Bladetech set would be legal for single stack in all the different organizations. When you make/buy your spacers, don't forget, the measurement is to the inside of your inner belt.

That Double Alpha won't be legal for single stack, no dropped holsters allowed.

Dang that's too bad. I really liked that holster from DAA. I guess I'll try to find the bladetech IDPA kit mentioned or at least find out what holster is included in it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was searching the BE forums for SS holster recommendations and ran across this thread. Long story short, I contacted DAA and asked if the vertical adjustment on their new PDR Pro would be high enough to be SS legal (e.g. front strap above top of belt). Saul himself answered my email with a big yes!

So I'm planning on buying a PDR Pro when they become available. It was almost a week ago that Saul said they should be available any day. And believe me, I've been checking every day :P

I was searching the BE forums for SS holster recommendations and ran across this thread. Long story short, I contacted DAA and asked if the vertical adjustment on their new PDR Pro would be high enough to be SS legal (e.g. front strap above top of belt). Saul himself answered my email with a big yes!

So I'm planning on buying a PDR Pro when they become available. It was almost a week ago that Saul said they should be available any day. And believe me, I've been checking every day :P

That is AWESOME news! Please post some pictures once you get it.

• 1 month later...

You can get the DAA PDR in a belt ride version that is legal for SS. That is what I run and I love it. The lining keeps the finish looking better also. It gives the gun a nice patina, without the scratches that kydex leaves. That said, if the holster is not rather loose (read no 3 gun) it is a pain to draw because the leather tends to grab a bit. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2670223438/double-alpha-pdr-belt-ride-holster-1911-government-kydex-suede-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding