Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picked up a couple 1100's at a killer price!

schapman43

I went into the shop that I work weekends at and found a couple guns I couldnt go home without. There were 2 Remington Model 1100's both marked $149. I picked them both up and plan to make a couple home defense/self defense guns out of them. I've cut them both down to 19.5".

1100s.jpg

I have 1 Speedfeed IV-S on the way. I figure I'll give the one a try and make sure I like it. I also ordered marble tritium front sights, wilson combat 2 round extensions, and laser devices flashlight mounts.

What a deal! I paid twice as much for one and thought I was getting a deal. What kind of bore/choke do you end up with by cutting down the barrel to that length?

It ends up being a cylinder bore. I plan to have both barrels threaded for chokes. I still trying to decide if I want someone else to do it or if I should order the tools.

On a side note. I just got done drilling out the gas ports on both 1100's. Both are running 100% with cheapo wal-mart 8shot 100 pack.

Well here they are with mag extensions and tritium sights (kind of hard to see the sights). The one has a Speedfeed IV stock.

DSC04419.JPG

DSC04425.JPG

DSC04433.JPG

I plan on picking up another speedfeed stock for the other gun. I have Wilson safeties on the way and I'm going to try out a laser devices mount for a flashlight. I also plan on cutting the other barrel back to 18".