Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady Bullet Feeder setup on a 650

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering the LNL bullet feeder for my 650. Has anyone experienced any problems? Should I consider spending the extra $ on the Mr. Bullet feeder or the GSI unit instead?

I just put a GSI machine on my 650. I liked that the it mounts on the tool head and doesn't require additional mounting on the bench. You do have to transfer all the dies over to the GSI tool head. Took about an hour to get up and running.

I like the GSI and have seriously considered getting one but have heard some negative feedback about the older generation model. It is also more expensive than the Hornady. I'd like to hear about your experience with the GSI and would also like to hear about what Hornady users have experienced using it with a 650.

My oldest one was one of the first that they made, they didn't even offer collators back then so I made my own.

I now also have them on my 1050's, they do cost more than any of the others but they do what the others cannot and you get the entire billet tool head not just a feed die.

The last two I orderd for the 1050 (without their collators) cost around $320, an empty tool head from Dillon is over $200 by the time it gets to your door.