Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salute From Ft Bliss TX

PatriotMac

Hello All,

I'm Shawn MacNeil (PatriotMac) from El Paso Texas. I'm an old gun nut but new to gun forums and competition. I found Brian's Forum while searching for some tips for competition (IDPA) shooting. My two sons, Shawn Jr.(19) Liam (17) & Wife Jan all frequently shoot at the Ft Bliss Rod & Gun Club and myself and Liam are now considering getting into IDPA shooting for fun and to spend time together.

Liam shoots a GLOCK 17 and I shoot a Beretta 92FS.

I am already being told that the Beretta may not be the best firearm to use for IDPA but seeing as I carry one daily at work I'm going to stick with it ( although I may buy a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact and start using that).

Looking forward to some good advice and interaction with other shooting fanatics.post-50765-0-77897800-1384902071_thumb.j

Before I Get jumped on for the JOKE gang banger Pic I posted with my sons, .... I do know the 4 cardinal rules of guns safety and I know this pic broke all 4 of them! But I promise the weapons were checked and double checked prior to the goofy pic......This isn't the norm for us at the range!LOL

Zack & Sarge Thanks

Hey Top, you did a stint here back in the 90's. You probably wouldnt even recognize it now. All the area that was training area at that time and was Biggs Field is now East Bliss and is grown up all the way out to the loop with Barracks etc.

Main Bliss has a full service Mall called "Freedoms Crossing" with a Denny's ,Texas Roadhouse, Food Court with multiple vendors and a State of the Art Movie Theater. I work DES on Bliss so if you ever make it out this way again I will show you around and get you out to the R&G Club.

• 3 weeks later...