Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low Mass Left Handed BCG

Agney5

Is there one out there? I have looked to no avail, and if not can I make a right handed bcg work with a left handed bolt. The firing pin retaining pin I'm not concerned with I have a fix for that. Gas vents are the only problem I see, but haven't thought of a good fix for that yet. Anyone have any experience here, thanks for the help.

I was thinking about it today and I think I'll use a right bcg with left bolt. The right side of the upper will have a slot milled out anyways so that will allow for the gas to purge there. Unless I'm missing another problem with running a left hand bolt in a right handed bcg.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Is the track for the cam pin reversed in carriers for a left side ejecting AR? I've never handled a left side ejecting AR but in my mind either the bolt is designed so that the extractor winds up in the correct spot as the bolt cams in a standard carrier, or the cam pin track is mirrored and so is the bolt.

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

Crap I did not think of that, I might end up doing what fueddy suggested and just milling a left handed bcg. Which brings up a whole new can of worms, anyone have any experience with this idea.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Crap I did not think of that, I might end up doing what fueddy suggested and just milling a left handed bcg. Which brings up a whole new can of worms, anyone have any experience with this idea.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk<br /><br />

I did this to my left handed carrier. I will see if I can get pics this evening. Between doing this, taking weight out of the buffer, and adjustable gas the rifle is vastly improved on felt recoil and sight movement.

Here are some pics. The carrier alone (with key) is 7.82 oz and the whole assembly is 9.92 oz. Not anywhere close to how light the JP model is, but lighter than it was and I still can use my forward assist. If i was doing it again, I might have got a little more aggressive with the material removal. Super happy with the performance as is with a lighter buffer and adjustable gas.

oic3.jpg

w23g.jpg

egd.JPG

Thanks a bunch, I'm sure it helps either way and to be honest I probably couldn't tell the difference between yours and JP's. There just isn't any love for us lefties is there. Lol<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk<br /><br />

• 1 month later...

Here are some pics. The carrier alone (with key) is 7.82 oz and the whole assembly is 9.92 oz. Not anywhere close to how light the JP model is, but lighter than it was and I still can use my forward assist. If i was doing it again, I might have got a little more aggressive with the material removal. Super happy with the performance as is with a lighter buffer and adjustable gas.

oic3.jpg

w23g.jpg

egd.JPG

looks good! Where did you mill it exactly? Looks like im going to be doing the same thing to mine because there is no love for us lefties.