Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

loading port mods on an SLP. show me yours.....

eddiegunks

hey all,

i have an SP on the way.

i have been searching for some images and/or videos about the modifications to the loading port and hand guard. i have not been very successful. i am just trying to get an idea on what others have done. i need a basic starting point, and i also wanna see what the most others have removed for comparison.

currently i use the "load two" style with the taccom 6 ups. i am looking to try the "load 4" (AP QL/8) method and see how this works for me. i understand the load 4 method requires some hand guard relief. what is your experiences?

i was looking at various modifications people had done to their shotguns at the last couple of 3 gun matches.....my mistake was i should have taken a few images of the various results.

thanks for the insight.

eddie

Edited by eddiegunks

Eddie,

At one time there was a trend to cut the sides considerably higher to where the lifter actually stuck down below the new lower edge of the receiver. I think this is unnecessary though. Just breaking the edges and smoothing up the sides is all that's needed. On the front, it's important to move the front edge of the receiver further forward to expose the magazine follower. This is to allow the shell catch to be distanced from the receiver so that there is more room to get the shells past the catch.

Of course the forearm has to be trimmed back too. Good picture posted above.