Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo pics

hdgun

Siggy- Thanks a bunch! That picture is much improved.

Thanks Eric! Eventually it will become a complete 1911 and probably a .40 cal w/ a ramped barrel.

Its history is a little murky, but I believe it was cast by Olympic/Safari Arms & then rejected part way through the machining. Beacuse the factory machining was stopped before the slide rails were machined, it never became a firearm.

I bought it & it arrived right to my doorstep in the mail - again, it was not a firearm. Machining all the remaining operations and the slide rails took a long time, but is is about ready for slide fitting; most of the parts I bought for it went on the other .40 in the picture. I live in VA & machining your own handgun frame from scratch is perfectly lawful here - its just like the legal exceptions that allow you to brew your own beer. You can make it for yourself, but if you make it intending to put it up for sale, then there are legal restrictions. You don't have to get a license to brew limited quantities of beer at home. You don't have to pay taxes to brew beer at home. Same with lawful configurations of firearms for personal use.

Some thoughts on additional operations are:

-undercut trigger gaurd for higher grip

-learn to checker steel by checkering frontstrap & underside of triggergaurd

-cut frame for Brown High Rise GS

I confess, I have too many projects & too little time (and at 20+ handguns, it appears I have too many of those as well). DVC

D.