Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Possible Practiscore Bug or Feature I don't understand

ZackJones

I've been trying out Practiscore (latest versions on iPad and Kindle Fire) and downloaded the match from this past weekend to have some data to play with. When messing with the reports I noticed something odd. While shooting Accelerator this weekend my string times were (be kind it was my first match and I was shooting a revolver) as follows:

S1 - 9.02

S2 - 9.37

S3 - 10.15

S4 - 21.46

S5 - 10.44

The total for those times is 64.04 before you toss out S4 then it drops down to 38.98.

From the Main menu go to View Results -> Stage Results -> Accelerator (in my case) -> By Divsion or combined it doesn't matter and then view the report my time shows up as 64.04 and not 38.98. Is this a bug or is there some reason the total time for all strings is displayed and not the time after the one string is thrown out?

I looked through the manual on the web site and didn't see anything that addressed this. What's your opinion? Bug or no bug?

Given the stage names, I'm assuming that match type shows up as a Steel Challenge type match (as opposed to USPSA or Time+).

If so, sounds like a bug. Got to http://practiscore.com/bugs, click on the "Signup for a new account" link, and file that as a bug report, please.

Edited by jcwren

If the match is setup as a Time Plus and not a Steel Challenge match, the person scoring has to manually zero out the slowest run. Setting the match type to Steel Challenge, will automatically drop the slowest run.

Check to see what the Match Type is, that could be the problem.

Edited by jdphotoguy

jcwren & jdphotogy: You were spot on with your suggestion about match type. I deleted all matches from the kindle and then re-downloaded it from practiscore and it works fine. I think what I may have done was created a test USPSA match and then imported the steel challenge match into that match by mistake.