Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do I need to get the powder die for a complete 650 conversion?

I'm getting ready to order a complete conversion for my 650 in 45 ACP. I need the conversion kit and quick change. The picture shows the measure already mounted in a powder die, on a tool head. Confused because the description does not mention the powder die being included in the quick change. Do I need to order a powder die also?

PS. I already have my dies.

Generally will need Dies (you already have), Caliber Conversion Kit, Toolhead and a Powder Die.

The Caliber Conversion Kit includes Shellplate/Locator Buttons (Qty. 3)/Powder Funnel/Casefeed Adapters but NO Powder Die.

Many people choose to get a Deluxe Quick-Change Kit which includes a Toolhead, Toolhead Stand, Powder Measure and a Powder Die.

If you plan getting the Deluxe Quick-Change Kit, you will also need dies (you already have) and a Caliber Conversion Kit.

Don't forget to get a Large Pistol Casefeed Plate for the Auto Case Feeder if you don't have on that will work for 45 ACP

Note: I use the Dillon Powder Check so I get an additional powder die for each of my toolheads to speed up the change over process. The best bet here is get a kit offered exclusively by Brian Enos called a "Powder Check Conversion Kit" which includes Powder Die & Powder Check Rod/Sleeve Assembly for $26. This makes caliber changes quick if your using the Dillon Powder Check.

One more thing... If you're changing from small primer to large primers for your 45 ACP you might consider getting a "complete" primer system in the large primer size for $80. This allows you to change from small to large primers (or vice verse) with only a couple of screws.

I'm getting ready to order a complete conversion for my 650 in 45 ACP. I need the conversion kit and quick change. The picture shows the measure already mounted in a powder die, on a tool head. Confused because the description does not mention the powder die being included in the quick change. Do I need to order a powder die also?

Actually the Quick Change Kit does say that it includes the powder die, but it's a bit hard to see. Look at the very end of the description and you will see it. For some reason they go into a long winded description of the powder bars before adding the powder die to the list of what's included. Very confusing but it's in there.

I was looking at the 650 page in my latest Blue Press, & did not see the powder die mentioned in the description of the quick change. But, my question was well answered here! Thank you. I bought 1000 small primer 45acp brass so I could use the SR primers that I use in my open gun. Plus I won't have to fool with the priming setup on the press. I did order the large pistol case feed plate, good call on that. I forgot I needed 2 #3 locator buttons that I've lost somehow. Oh, we'll next time.