Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo / EAA stock 2 equipment and reloads

ozdogg5

So, I've been shooting my Glock 17 and 34 in production for the longest and have just recently picked up a stock 2. I'd like to make it my primary production and 3-gun pistol and am getting ready to buy the necessary equipment. Before I do, I wanted to see what everyone else is running with their stock 2's.

Looking at mags, it seems that the Mec-gars are the best alternative. Are y'all running these mags with the stock base pads and spring/followers? If so, are they all stock or did you have to modify them in any way to get them to run 100%? If not, what are you using and where did you buy them?

I'm pretty sure the answer will be unianimous for this but is Bladetech the preferred holster for production?

I'm used to keeping a parts kit for my guns to bring with me to matches. What do you guys keep in your range bag for spare parts?

Do you run yours stock and, if not, what mods have you done to it? (Springs, trigger, sights, etc)

Lastly, I've heard that these can be finicky with reloads. Currently, I'm running 3.4 Titegroup behind a plated 124 Rainier at an OAL of 1.135 (if I remember correctly). What are your pet reloads that you have found to run efficiently?

Yeah, I know it's a bunch of questions but I haven't been able to find much about these guns on the forum and figured it best to just ask all of the questions here. I appreciate any insight that you guys can provide!

Thanks!

Oz

pretty much if you do a search you will find everything you need in this section...

for mags Mecgar or the new style EAA 9mm mags (im guessing you got a 9mm) are a must as the older style sucks. i believe ben stoeger sells some alum basepads for these as well. i use the Tanfoglio aluminum fo large frame and for small frame i use beretta steel insert pads.

Holster is a toss up i prefer the Ghost Stinger that you get can from the IPSC Store US , some prefer the bladetech DOH

spare parts i would get springs, extra fiber optic (if you are using one) and a slide stop

on the mods i believe there are a lot of posts how to do your own or you can just send it to Jim Boydkin. parts can be bought from Henning as well

Congrats on getting one as they very hard to find...

Edited by ogiebb

Thanks ogiebb. I just spent the last hour going thru the forum and have found answers to several of my questions. I have yet to find conclusive reloading post but I will continue to search.

The forum mentions several new style mags with different colored followers but doesn't mention if either the red or black function better. I'll keep digging and hopefully find something. Likely I'll order from Greg as it seems most have had a positive experience with him.

I'm also wondering if it is a necessity to change out the mag springs, followers, and basepads or if this is simply just a preference for shooters? I'd like to replace my extended base pads but can not find stock pads online aside from stoeger. If that's the only alternative, I'll be making a stop to his site soon. Ogiebb, where did you find the Aluminum Tanfo pads? Henning only shows the extended versions.

My load for my Stock2 and CZ SP 01 is 125 grain BBI Molly with 3.8 grains of Alliant American Select loaded to 1.120 nice soft load and makes minor power factor. .378 crimp you don't want to over crimp the Molly's .and is very clean powder and is recommended for Molly's .

Thanks ogiebb. I just spent the last hour going thru the forum and have found answers to several of my questions. I have yet to find conclusive reloading post but I will continue to search.

The forum mentions several new style mags with different colored followers but doesn't mention if either the red or black function better. I'll keep digging and hopefully find something. Likely I'll order from Greg as it seems most have had a positive experience with him.

I'm also wondering if it is a necessity to change out the mag springs, followers, and basepads or if this is simply just a preference for shooters? I'd like to replace my extended base pads but can not find stock pads online aside from stoeger. If that's the only alternative, I'll be making a stop to his site soon. Ogiebb, where did you find the Aluminum Tanfo pads? Henning only shows the extended versions.

nothing wrong w/ the stock stuff (springs and followers) I actually prefer them, only reason I changed base pads is because they are plastic and got mangled up easy for me...

http://www.ericgrauffel.com/shop/category.php?id_category=29