Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about swapping my M&P Pro .40S&W 5" for full size

GlockCanMan

This is not a for sale ad.

Several years ago, I bought a new M&P Pro 5" in 40S&W for USPSC limited, never shot it, so I sold it, to another forum member...stupid me, I went out and bought another one, saying to myself that this time I will set it up and shot it, but I shot it once and put it away, never have taken the time to set it up for limited use.

I am getting too old to keep gaming it. I just want to shoot for the fun, and to keep in practice with what I carry. How many other people are in that same group of thought?

I probably share some of this broad philosophy. Even when I moved to Open in 3-gun, I insisted on staying with my S&W M&P pistols. I don't want the "gaming" gun to be too far off from the carry guns. Obviously the triggers are different weights, but I strive for commonality wherever possible. I simply won't move to a different competition pistol line unless my carry guns change, also. Otherwise, I think I'll be training one way (in regular matches) but then fighting a different way. And we all know that often doesn't work out well.

Several years ago, I bought a new M&P Pro 5" in 40S&W for USPSC limited, never shot it, so I sold it, to another forum member...stupid me, I went out and bought another one, saying to myself that this time I will set it up and shot it, but I shot it once and put it away, never have taken the time to set it up for limited use.

I am getting too old to keep gaming it. I just want to shoot for the fun, and to keep in practice with what I carry. How many other people are in that same group of thought?

I don't understand your dilemma. If you've carried a 1911 what's the deal with the 5" Pro? Having extra bb's is always a good thing.

My comp is a 5" Pro 40, Limited Major or Minor depending on my loads. With a 40 to 9mm barrel it's Limited minor and a ESP gun. (9mm mags already on hand)

My carry guns rotate between M&P compact and full size, 4.25" guns. Gun handling requires little thought since it's pretty much hardwired with air soft / dry fire practice and match play thus allowing more thought for awareness and avoidance.

I don't understand your dilemma. If you've carried a 1911 what's the deal with the 5" Pro? Having extra bb's is always a good thing.

My comp is a 5" Pro 40, Limited Major or Minor depending on my loads. With a 40 to 9mm barrel it's Limited minor and a ESP gun. (9mm mags already on hand)

My carry guns rotate between M&P compact and full size, 4.25" guns. Gun handling requires little thought since it's pretty much hardwired with air soft / dry fire practice and match play thus allowing more thought for awareness and avoidance.

No dilemma, I just wanted to shoot in competition exactly what I carry.