Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

the correct option is?

james h

I was under the impression that the RM can't not overturn a DQ given by a CRO

Why not? :unsure:

7.1.2 Chief Range Officer (“CRO”) – is the primary authority over all persons and activities in the courses of fire under his control, and oversees the fair, correct and consistent application of these rules (under the authority of the Range Master).
7.1.5 Range Master (“RM”) – has overall authority over all persons and activities within the entire range, including range safety, the operation of all courses of fire and the application of these rules. All match disqualifications and appeals to arbitration must be brought to his attention. The Range Master is usually appointed by and works with the Match Director, however, in respect of IPSC sanctioned Level IV or higher matches, the appointment of the Range Master is subject to the prior written approval of the IPSC Executive Council.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that the RM can't not overturn a DQ given by a CRO

John, see Rules 11.1.3 and 11.1.4 - the CRO or RM can overturn a match DQ which they feel is unjustified according to the rules (not for any other reason).

I've reversed a few in my time when the RO who made the initial call was not absolutely certain of the competitor's actions which caused him to make his call. I'll back my ROs all the way, but they've got to be 100% certain and they must be able to describe the events clearly and with conviction.