Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland ELS Belt Length Question

Tcon260

i ordered my pants size and it fits, but not with a ton of overlap. when i ordered the underbelt, i ended up getting one size bigger, but only because midway only had that size. it fits fine with out too much overlap. so, i would say either waist size or one bigger would be fine. you could go bigger if you really wanted lots of over lap.

I ordered my pant size also for the inner and the outer belts. I thought I remembered reading on safariland's website, or somewhere, that you're supposed to get your pant size. Plus I didnt want a lot of overlap either. FWIW I wear size 36 pants, but prob have a 33 or 34 waist, and my 36 belt fits great. My inner belt overlaps by about 3-5" and my outer belt locks into the 4 or 5 set of holes, depending on how tight I get my inner belt. I will get you the actual measurements later when I get home.

Also, I recommend getting at least one extra belt keeper, as I have had mine come loose, and have heard of it happening to other guys. I run a CR Speed belt keeper, and am thinking about adding at least 1 more. I tried the Arredondo one and it wouldnt fit on my belt.

sorry for the delay. i was shooting all day yesterday. i just measured it and my belt is 43.5" end to end. i ordered a 34". its a comfortable length with enough overlap for me. if i were going to error, i would error ordering one size bigger, then you would just have a little more overlap. not a big deal. if you went small, then you could not have enough, which would be a problem. hope that helps

with the amount of overlap i have, i haven't had issues with the belt keeper. actually its kinda a pain to get it all squared away, which i guess is a good thing as it will make it harder to come apart inadvertently. if i had gotten a bigger size, i can see where needing extra belt keepers might be necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered one size larger on my inner belt and pant size on my outer belt. Has a good amout of overlap and room for tons of ELS plates. I did however ditch the safariland belt keeper and got 2 CR speed velcro ones. It was a pain to loop it thoug in the back. The CR Speed ones are much better IMHO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...