Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip safety spring

Fireant

• 2 weeks later...

Crap, I wish I'd seen this. They have ripped several people off. It should be a sticky not to use them. I fought with them for 6 months over an order.

Call Springfield, they will send you one under warranty. I've had them send me 2 grip safety springs and a cocking indicator under warranty. Great people to deal with. All you need is your serial number.

Edited by Lee G

The springs were listed as in stock so I ordered them. Once a little over a week went by, I called to check on them. I had to leave a message, no response. Called a second time and left a message, no response. Then a third time and finally a fourth time and got a hold of them( I waited at least 24 hours+ between calls). They then said that there was a sudden rush on this spring and it was out of stock. I told them that I was sitting here with a broken gun all this time. All they had to do was send me an email or call or something to let me know. My credit card was charged in minutes after the order was placed, but they can't keep up with their inventory, send a backordered email or even return a call? I don't believe a word of it, since I just said I ordered springs(not mentioning which springs) and the excuses started pouring out.

The springs were listed as in stock so I ordered them. Once a little over a week went by, I called to check on them. I had to leave a message, no response. Called a second time and left a message, no response. Then a third time and finally a fourth time and got a hold of them( I waited at least 24 hours+ between calls). They then said that there was a sudden rush on this spring and it was out of stock. I told them that I was sitting here with a broken gun all this time. All they had to do was send me an email or call or something to let me know. My credit card was charged in minutes after the order was placed, but they can't keep up with their inventory, send a backordered email or even return a call? I don't believe a word of it, since I just said I ordered springs(not mentioning which springs) and the excuses started pouring out.

Wow, didn't know they were like that. I heard only good things about them on another board. Sorry for your experience